Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Obama and Clinton

I don't care what his wife says, Obama will never make me give up my cynicism nor does he have the right to. Ratchet down the hyperbole, please. Besides, cynics are right most of the time. Saying that might not win elections, but its true.

Clinton is funny when she's snarky. I'd mock Obama too. I don't know how she refrains from it most of the time. He's so full of pretty ideas and thoughts and not so full of a realistic understanding of the world around him. In a presidential candidate that is laughable. Does that make me petty too? Oh well.

Why does hope draw in so many supporters/followers for Obama? Are we that hopeless? We have our problems, but most of the world does not have a fraction of our wealth, freedom, or opportunities. Why are we acting like we are living during the Great Depression? I like hope too, but real hope. The kind that comes from good solutions to real problems.

No comments: