Thursday, December 28, 2006

Why am I not surprised?

I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. President Ford, who was a Republican, has passed away. Therefore, it must be time for some extremist ideology to begin making outrageous claims about him.

Enter Cindy Sheehan. Apparently in her world Ford is responsible for the war in Iraq because he pardoned Nixon. That pardon is responsible for every President since then thinking he is above the law. Here is the full text of her latest break from reality.

This statement is about as logical as saying "Birds fly, and I flew in a plane; therefore, I am a bird." I wish I could run around making stupid comments all the day long and still be covered by the media like I was the next Martin Luther King Jr.

There was a time when I felt sorry for Cindy Sheehan. She seemed blinded by her grief. I'd imagine that if anything would turn me into a peace activist, losing my child in war would. Then she started making a host of fanatical statements, camping out in Crawford and visiting people like Hugo Chavez. I have no pity left for her. She is a disgrace to her son's memory.


Hat tip: Wizbang

No comments: